The HMRH-82 Angel is the repair helicopter of the U.S. Army. In Direct Action, there could only be one Angel per repair depot, and the Angel served a similar purpose to the Medevac Blackhawk by evacuating heavily damaged vehicles to its repair depot.
This was changed in High Treason due to the change in repair mechanics so that Angels could be trained like any other unit. They will now land and deploy a repair "aura", restoring health points to all nearby vehicles for several seconds. The repair function needs to be recharged after use.
- The HMRH-82 Angel bears a strong resemblance to and most likely inspired by the real world Sikorsky CH-54 Tarhe.
- In fact, during the beta of Act of War: Direct Action, the Angel helicopter in-game was named as the "Sikorsky".
- ↑ Eugen Systems, Atari, Act of War: Direct Action. March 15, 2005.
- ↑ Eugen Systems, Atari, Act of War: High Treason. March 24, 2006.
- Wikipedia: Sikorsky CH-54 Tarhe
- Repair FAT-V - Task Force Talon counterpart
- V-22 Repair - Consortium counterpart