|“||Blackjack, heading to target.
- Selected to attack
The Tu-160 Blackjack bomber costs $3800 and is a fast and very powerful bomber. Its payload is almost as powerful as the B-2 Spirit’s, and covers a much larger area.
The Tupolev Tu-160 is a supersonic, variable-sweep wing heavy strategic bomber designed by the Tupolev Design Bureau in the Soviet Union. Although several civil and military transport aircraft are larger in overall dimensions, the Tu-160 is currently the world's largest combat aircraft, largest supersonic aircraft, and largest variable-sweep aircraft built. In addition, the Tu-160 has the heaviest takeoff weight of any military aircraft besides transports.
Entering service in 1987, the Tu-160 was the last strategic bomber designed for the Soviet Union. The aircraft remains in limited production, with at least 16 aircraft currently in service with the Russian Air Force.
When selected for airstrike
- Blackjack on the run.
- Blackjack heading to target.
- Got your target! Blackjack inbound.
- Bomb bays empty sir!
- Let 'em go!
- Take that!
When locked on
- Blackjack here, got a bugger on my tail!
- Dammit! Got a missile on my ass!
When shot down
- Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! Ejecting!
- Strategic bomber is lost! Ejecting! Ejecting!
When finishing airstrike
- Gotcha! Blackjack leaving area.
- Red route, Blackjack out of range, over!
- The model of the Tu-160 appears to be a B-1B Lancer, not an actual Tu-160 bomber. This is likely an oversight by the developers.
- Eugen Systems, Atari, Act of War: High Treason. March 24, 2006